Our church... is a non-denominational multi-site church with four St. Louis-area campuses where we gather each weekend to study this ancient story found in Scripture that is still transforming lives today. We believe church should be a place where believers in Jesus and skeptics can stand side-by-side to study truth and ask tough questions. We blend teaching and worship with art and technology to create a service where you can experience the message of Jesus in practical and life-changing ways.
Youth Pastor - Fenton Campus...is a full-time position that oversees the entire youth ministry (6th-12th graders) at our Fenton Campus. This person must be able to create a safe environment for students all over the spiritual spectrum to take steps on their journey with Jesus. The Youth pastor oversees the weekly YouthCrossing gathering, events, outreach, volunteers, and volunteer development. This person will have a high gift of leadership and be very relational. Creating community, culture, and trust amongst teams is a top priority. This position will also operate in a pastoral capacity during our weekend services. As a full-time hire, this role is eligible for The Crossing's amazing benefit package and competitive pay.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary teacher and vision keeper of campus youth ministry
- Oversee Middle and High School volunteers
- Recruit and train teams of adult volunteers
- Provide ongoing training and leadership development for volunteers
- Implement follow up with new and current students
- Develop and implement student leadership opportunities
- Oversee off-campus small groups
- Work closely with the creative arts team in implementing weekly services
- Create community and relational opportunities through events and activities
- Be proactive and have initiative to troubleshoot and evaluate in order to expand ministry
- Partner with Youth Central Services Team to plan and execute combined events and initiatives, including a summer camp and winter retreat.
- Provide pastoral support and leadership for Weekend Services
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years relevant experience
- Passionate about students, The Crossing, and a personal relationship with Jesus
- Strong relationship skills
- Ability to recruit, develop and empower leaders
- Humble, Flexible, Teachable, and Trustworthy
- Team builder
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Great interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
MUST HAVES FOR ALL STAFF AT THE CROSSING
- Attend a service at one of The Crossing campuses on a weekly basis
- Passionate about their relationship with God
- Baptized after making the thoughtful decision to follow Christ
- Regard the Bible as God’s final authority in all areas of Christian life and desire to be wholly obedient to it
- Wholeheartedly affirm The Crossing’s Statement of Faith, including our view on Baptism
- Live a lifestyle consistent with scriptural principles
Apply today and see why The Crossing may be a great fit for you!