Our church...is a non-denominational multi-site church with four St. Louis-area campuses where we gather each weekend to study this ancient story found in Scripture that is still transforming lives today. We believe church should be a place where believers in Jesus and skeptics can stand side-by-side to study truth and ask tough questions. We blend teaching and worship with art and technology to create a service where you can experience the message of Jesus in practical and life-changing ways.
Chesterfield Music Technician...is a full-time position that works with music team staff, producer, & related staff to lead and equip the worship team at Chesterfield in a way that consistently upholds the values set by the music and programming staff. This position is also responsible to assist all campuses in creating central service music assets including music demos, charts, tracks, Ableton, and other musical support for our weekend services at all our sites.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Chesterfield Music Lead during the weekends by leading worship, band, and/or music directing, primarily from an instrument
- Work with the Chesterfield Music Lead to equip the volunteers and contractors scheduled at Chesterfield to prepare to lead worship each weekend and grow in their skill and experience
- Work with Chesterfield Worship Team Lead to ensure that all instruments are well-stocked, tuned, and in top functionality
- Build relationships with volunteers and contractors who primarily serve at the Chesterfield home
Central Services Responsibilities
- Assist the with Music Team by creating relevant demos as assigned
- Run point in the creation in instrumental tracks to be used in our services
- Assist the Music Team by creating resources for instrumentalists
- Work with Production Techs to continue staying current on musical trends as it relates to technology
- Participate in a Brainstorming team
- Run the studio and function as recording engineer as needed
- Network with other musicians in-town
- Music Director events as assigned
- Participate in songwriting sessions
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong worship leader & vocalist.
- Must have experience producing music, directing music teams, and leading weekly church worship services.
- Ability to lead from an instrument is a huge plus (guitar or keyboard)
- Prior experience leading worship in a large church setting
- Ability to communicate essential musical details to vocalists and all instruments
- Able to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines
- Working knowledge of Digital Audio Workstation (Ableton, Protools, Mainstage, Logic)
- Oriented towards developing and consistently improving scalable, high-quality systems and processes for accomplishing goals and objectives as it relates to the campus & team.
- Insatiable Learner
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player/Flexible
- Passionate about The Crossing and a relationship with God
MUST HAVES FOR ALL STAFF AT THE CROSSING
- Attend a service at one of The Crossing campuses on a weekly basis
- Passionate about their relationship with God
- Baptized after making the thoughtful decision to follow Christ
- Regard the Bible as God’s final authority in all areas of Christian life and desire to be wholly obedient to it
- Wholeheartedly affirm The Crossing’s Statement of Faith, including our view on Baptism
- Live a lifestyle consistent with scriptural principles
Apply today and see why The Crossing may be a great fit for you!