Our church... is a non-denominational multi-site church with four St. Louis-area campuses where we gather each weekend to study this ancient story found in Scripture that is still transforming lives today. We believe church should be a place where believers in Jesus and skeptics can stand side-by-side to study truth and ask tough questions. We blend teaching and worship with art and technology to create a service where you can experience the message of Jesus in practical and life-changing ways.
We are currently looking to hire a Guest Experiences and Emergency Services Staff to work at the Chesterfield campus filling in as back-up guest experience and emergency manager on weekends and weeknights to help create a safe and welcoming environment. The Guest Experiences team expresses God’s love by creating a safe and welcoming environment, keeping safety, hospitality, experience and efficiency in mind. From the street to the seat our teams, including parking, greeting, coffee bar, connections and ushering, create a seamless experience for our guests so that their hearts are prepared to worship.
This position is expected to work from 4-6 hours/week, being the staff on weekends and during classes on weeknights when those are in session. This position is eligible for a 5% 401K match.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties for Weekend Services:
- Oversee guest experience team for weekend services as needed to create a safe and welcoming environment keeping safety, hospitality, experience and efficiency in mind.
Duties for Groups & Classes:
- Quarterback for Monday-Wednesday weeknight groups and classes to create a safe and welcoming environment keeping safety, hospitality, experience and efficiency in mind.
- Coordinate hospitality elements for evening (registration desk, coffee bar, greeters, directional assistance and signage placement).
Duties for YouthCrossing:
- Oversee safety & security for YouthCrossing events on campus (see below for more info).
- Other duties as assigned by youth team.
Duties for Safety & Security
- Have a thorough knowledge of The Crossing emergency plan.
- Must be willing and able to react to any emergency situation, display confidence and remain calm until the emergency has been resolved.
- Requires additional training including CPR, AED and first aid.
- Must be able to build and maintain relationships with the Police Officers and other first responders in the St. Louis community.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Phenomenal people skills: ability to interact with all kinds of people in a consistent, pleasant, loving, and helpful way
- A team player who is flexible and embraces the vision of the church, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to confront in love
- Must have good, healthy boundaries
- Excellent administrative/competency skills
- Strong work ethic, energetic, dependable and reliable
- Ability to multi-task well
- Conscious of time (deadlines) and has the ability to respond to email, phone calls, etc. in an appropriate time frame
- Extremely confidential
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Trustworthy, humble, teachable
- Bachelors preferred, not required
MUST HAVES FOR ALL STAFF AT THE CROSSING
- Attend a service at one of The Crossing campuses on a weekly basis
- Passionate about their relationship with God
- Baptized after making the thoughtful decision to follow Christ
- Regard the Bible as God’s final authority in all areas of Christian life and desire to be wholly obedient to it
- Wholeheartedly affirm The Crossing’s Statement of Faith, including our view on Baptism
- Live a lifestyle consistent with scriptural principles