Do your friends refer to you as “handy” and ask you to help them with repair projects? If you answered yes, this may be the job for you.
Our church... is a non-denominational multi-site church with four St. Louis-area campuses where we gather each weekend to study this ancient story found in Scripture that is still transforming lives today. We believe church should be a place where believers in Jesus and skeptics can stand side-by-side to study truth and ask tough questions. We blend teaching and worship with art and technology to create a service where you can experience the message of Jesus in practical and life-changing ways.
Maintenance Support... is responsible for preparing and maintaining the building for church services, special events, classes and meetings scheduled in our building. The ideal candidate will have skills in cleaning, plumbing, electricity or carpentry and enjoy working behind the scenes with an eye for detail. You must be able to work mainly weekdays and potentially some evenings, be flexible and have strong communication skills.
- General repairs as requested by facilities management
- Other duties as assigned by leadership possibly including the following
- Assist with floor cleaning to include vacuuming, mopping, waxing and carpet cleaning
- Assist with checking paper stock and tidy bathrooms as needed
- Assist with surface cleaning to include tabletops, bases, counters and windows
- Assist with checklists tasks
- Assist with room setup as needed
- Assist with opening and closing the building and completing the checklists for same
- Attend all mandatory training sessions
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Skills in cleaning, plumbing, electricity and/or carpentry
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- Strong communication skills
- High school diploma or trade school experience
MUST-HAVE'S FOR ALL STAFF AT THE CROSSING
- Attend a service at one of The Crossing campuses on a weekly basis
- Passionate about a relationship with God
- Baptized after making the thoughtful decision to follow Christ
- Regard the Bible as God’s final authority in all areas of Christian life and desire to be wholly obedient to it
- Wholeheartedly affirm The Crossing’s Statement of Faith, including our view on Baptism
- Live a lifestyle consistent with scriptural principles
Apply today and see why The Crossing may be a great fit for you!