Our church... is a non-denominational multi-site church with four St. Louis-area campuses where we gather each weekend to study this ancient story found in Scripture that is still transforming lives today. We believe church should be a place where believers in Jesus and skeptics can stand side-by-side to study truth and ask tough questions. We blend teaching and worship with art and technology to create a service where you can experience the message of Jesus in practical and life-changing ways.
Web Designer...is responsible for the design of web and app pages that support our communication and content strategies. The ideal candidate will have a passion for using their designing and problem-solving skills to advance ministry initiatives, will have a working knowledge of the web development lifecycle, will be flexible to move between tasks as project priorities shift, and will steward their time and gifts wisely. This position will work closely with our Communications and Creative teams. This full-time position is eligible for The Crossing's amazing benefits package, including Vision, Dental, Medical, Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability, Family leave, and 401K Match.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design compelling, engaging, and user-friendly pages for web and app that are fully aligned with brand guidelines
- Work closely with Web Developer to fully leverage Rock RMS (The Crossing’s CMS platform) and optimize designs for all viewing platforms
- Collaborate with Communications Team to ensure designs align with communication and content strategies
- Promote search engine optimization (SEO) best practices for all Crossing web pages
- Debug, update, and enhance less complex pages with Web Developer’s input
- Stay current on digital design advancements to keep The Crossing on the leading edge of digital engagement
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years of web design experience
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud design tools (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience presenting wireframes to stakeholders and soliciting useful feedback
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Motivated to work without direct supervision
- Discernment and confidentiality
- High personal integrity
- Highly collaborative
- Passion for digital design and a desire to always learn something new
- Detail oriented. Results-driven work ethic
- Teachable, flexible
- Team player with the ability to motivate people.
- Passion for The Crossing and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
MUST HAVES FOR ALL STAFF AT THE CROSSING
- Attend a service at one of The Crossing campuses on a weekly basis
- Passionate about their relationship with God
- Baptized after making the thoughtful decision to follow Christ
- Regard the Bible as God’s final authority in all areas of Christian life and desire to be wholly obedient to it
- Wholeheartedly affirm The Crossing’s Statement of Faith, including our view on Baptism
- Live a lifestyle consistent with scriptural principles
Apply today and see why The Crossing may be a great fit for you!