Our church... is a non-denominational multi-site church with four St. Louis-area campuses where we gather each weekend to study this ancient story found in Scripture that is still transforming lives today. We believe church should be a place where believers in Jesus and skeptics can stand side-by-side to study truth and ask tough questions. We blend teaching and worship with art and technology to create a service where you can experience the message of Jesus in practical and life-changing ways.
Children's Ministry Coordinator...is a full-time position responsible for assisting the Chesterfield Kids' Pastor in the leading and managing of volunteers, execution of weekend services and implementation of non-weekend events and activities. The Coordinator will provide weekend leadership and weekday management for specific coaches and volunteers. It is the Coordinator’s goal to foster an engaging, fun, safe, and relational environment for both kids and volunteers serving them. The Coordinator must be a highly relational and flexible person who can manage people as they lead volunteer teams to develop children spiritually through weekends and events. The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for Jesus Christ, the vision of The Crossing and for reaching and developing children to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare for and oversee coaches and volunteers during weekend services.
- Ensure assigned rooms are appropriately staffed, have the correct décor and supplies, and have clean and correctly functioning toys and equipment
- Communicate clearly with coaches and volunteers any pertinent information regarding the weekend services
- Ensure team is connecting with parents to provide encouragement and address any behavioral or care concerns.
- Actively recruit new leaders and team members in the ministry
- Regularly provide training, care for, appreciate and disciple coaches and volunteers
- Actively manage and work to fill holes in the schedule
- Be available to respond to crises, such as hospital visits or funerals
- Invest in the growth of key leaders
- Assist Kids Pastor in managing the details of running Chesterfield Kids Crossing
- Attend all staff and team meetings
- Participate in special events, such as team member celebrations, kid events, and baptism.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience working in children's ministry, as staff or volunteer
- Knowledge of child development
- Intermediate level PC operation skills, including word processing and spreadsheet ability. Standard software programs utilized: Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet
- Team player and team builder
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Love for God and passion for children
- Great work ethic - timely and reliable
- Trustworthiness - able to handle sensitive material with good judgment and confidentiality
- Previous experience working in a church
MUST HAVES FOR ALL STAFF AT THE CROSSING
- Attend a service at one of The Crossing campuses on a weekly basis
- Passionate about their relationship with God
- Baptized after making the thoughtful decision to follow Christ
- Regard the Bible as God’s final authority in all areas of Christian life and desire to be wholly obedient to it
- Wholeheartedly affirm The Crossing’s Statement of Faith, including our view on Baptism
- Live a lifestyle consistent with scriptural principles
Apply today and see why The Crossing may be a great fit for you!